Paid Digital Media Director
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a strategic, data fluent and detail-oriented Paid Digital Media Director to join our newly founded but growing paid media team covering Paid Social, Paid Search, Programmatic Display & Video performance offering across Fintech, Technology, Finance and B2B Brands.
The ideal candidate will be able to autonomously create testing and media plans, set up campaigns and take ownership of account optimisation along with reporting. The role involves both strategy and hands-on implementation on platforms and thorough technical knowledge of advertising platforms is required. The Paid Digital Media Director will be leading an enthusiastic and ambitious team helping them to help deliver outstanding performance for our clients.
- Manage the strategy, implementation and performance of Paid Social and Programmatic Display and Video across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Outbrain, Taboola, Google Ads and Bing to meet client performance KPIs
- Plan and run A/B (split) tests; analyse results and identify levers for growth and performance
- Contribute to overall client strategies, working with senior management on pitches and business strategy
- Create weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports together with bespoke analysis and recommendations
- Oversee the budgeting process, creation of projections and allocation with internal account teams
- Contribute to continuous process improvement
- Manage junior team members and share knowledge and learnings with the team
- Contribute to client presentations and meetings, including presentation of data and results
- Staying up to date with industry innovation and news and identifying opportunities where new platform features can be used with existing clients
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven record of delivering successful acquisition and retention campaigns through Paid Social and Display advertising
- Expert knowledge of Paid Social with a wider knowledge of biddable channels including research tools such as SEMRush
- Wide experience with app marketing across a variety of channels and SDKs for tracking and measurement such as Appsflyer, Kochava and Firebase
- Understanding the levers of growth for various business models like subscription and transactional; understanding the value of creative in driving performance
- Experience with data analysis using Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP etc)
- Sound understanding of marketing attribution models and performance measurement options and tools
- Experience with website and marketing performance analysis through Google Analytics
- Ability to set up website tags through Google Tag Manager
- Analytical approach problem-solving skills and achieving objectives whilst maintaining a strategic lens
- Creative, inquisitive, and passionate about digital media
- Confident in communicating with both internally and externally, particularly in explaining technical concepts to those in non-technical roles
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Strong understanding of media research tools, their strengths/weaknesses, and when and how to effectively use them
- Team management
- Strong attention to detail
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Paid Search and Affiliate marketing
- Experience working for a fast-growing business or start-up
- Experience working at an agency
- Experience working with B2B clients
- Experience building dashboards using Data Studio or similar
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification
- Facebook Blueprint certification
- Google Ads certifications
- Experience with statistical analysis using R or Python
- Experience with Facebook Marketing Partners such as Smartly.io
We are independent performance marketing agency working global brands such as Aon, Direct Line and PepsiCo, as well as scale-ups such as Clearscore who flourish in the fast-moving worlds of technology and innovation.
Our own in-house creative production team, Pebble Studios, merge expertise in experiential, moving image design & technology to deliver knock out content to top agencies & brands. This means we’re in the unique position of being able to craft beautiful ads to feed our performance strategies.
Our clients span both B2B and B2C.
Culture is hugely important at Big Rock. There are no big egos here, just a group of people looking to be at the forefront of digital innovation and creativity. We’re a highly inquisitive bunch, regularly hosting inspiration sessions and training programs. We have even organised bootcamp sessions, quizzes, book clubs and film clubs to keep us connected whilst working from home.
We’re always looking for people to join the team who are as passionate as we are about creating a leading agency within this ever-changing space.
If you wish to apply for this role, please email your CV and a short covering letter to Robyn, our HR manager.